Hood Fans & OTR Microwave Installation
OTR is an over-the-range hood fan & microwave combination.
Installer is responsible for:
- Disconnection of electrical service to existing OTR or range hood.
- Mount & center & secure support bracket for new OTR as required by the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Check & rotate the exhaust fan as required for existing ventilation.
- Connect & seal to existing duct
- Plug the OTR cord into the receptacle & secure it with the hardware provided
- Install all accessory filters, covers, panels, and/or racks.
- Test OTR by activating & monitoring a heating cell (using a container filled with water), the exhaust fan & all the lights & remaining accessories.
- If OTR is mounted using the ductless application, the installer will ensure the accessory charcoal filter is properly installed