Washer | Dryer | Dishwasher
For all dishwashers, washing machines & dryer installations the technician is responsible for:
- Terminate hot-water service & electrical service
- Disconnect mechanical services from existing appliance & cap as necessary
- Modify existing appliance to allow clearance through an existing opening
- Connect hot-water feed to appliance & discharge hose to drain system as required by local plumbing codes
- Ensure the discharge hose is properly looped to prevent backflow into the dishwasher
- Connect electrical service as required by Electrical Code
- Ensure the dishwasher is properly grounded
- Turn on the hot water feed & check all connections
- Test appliance by manually advancing timer to fill cycle
- Advance timer to “wash” cycle & ensure pump, spray arms & towers are functioning properly
- Advance timer to “drain” cycle & ensure drain discharge pump is functioning properly.
- Monitor all connections for shut-off valves, packing nut & fittings
- Monitor all connections for tubing & dishwasher coupling
- Monitor all connections for discharge hose connection to dispose of, the air gap or drain stem
- Monitor all connections that are visible drain line & supply line connections
- Inspect & ensure any surrounding mechanical services are intact & free of leaks.
- Inspect & ensure the dishwasher tub, all motor seals, pump seals, fill-valve tubing, etc. are free of leaks at all visible locations.
- Reverse door & access cover color panels if desired by the customer